The USA Digital Millennium Copyright Act is widely regarded as the primary law that internet sites must comply with if they allow third parties to post content. As such, the DMCA provides “Safe harbour” provisions that keep a site from being sued for copyright infringement by users of the site. Although SnapFashionista.com is a United Kingdom (UK) based website – we aim to satisfy DMCA requirements as we believe that in doing so we also satisfy UK requirements and our own desire to be “Good corporate citizens”.
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon.
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item. You must include URLs for the material you want taken down.
3. Provide your full name, address, telephone number and email address, so that SnapFashionista.com can contact you.
4. Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
5. Include the following statement: “I swear that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
6. Sign the notice, proving that you are a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You may submit the above using our online form or send the written communication to the following address:
7 Conway Court,
United Kingdom (UK)